The Cool Mist Humidifier Review
We gathered the 20 most popular cool mist humidifiers on the market and considered their performance, ease of use, size, water capacity, style, and safety features. These choices beat out all the others in all of these categories. Any one of these three would be an excellent cool mist humidifier for your home.
Introduction to the Cool Mist Humidifier
Cool mist humidifiers are very beneficial for relieving cold and flu symptoms. The added moisture can help decrease the effects of things like nasal passages, sore throats, coughs, nose bleeds, respiratory problems and more.
Cool mist humidifiers are much better for dealing with problems than warm mist is partly due in part to the fact that cool mist is much easier for the body to inhale than warm mist is. There are a lot of different cool mist humidifiers on the market today. Sorting through them all and trying to figure out which is the best one for your needs and family can be a challenge unless you know what you’re looking for.
We’re here to make the whole process of finding that perfect cool mist humidifier much easier. We have provided reviews on three of the top ranked cool mist humidifiers on the market. We have also provided you with a detailed buyer’s guide that will help you with every step of the process when it comes to choosing a humidifier. Keep reading to learn about some great cool mist humidifiers.
Top Ranked Cool Mist Humidifiers
Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier, HCM-350
Why is it the Top Pick?
Honeywell is a popular manufacturer of humidifiers. This germ free, cool mist humidifier is just another reason that Honeywell is so well respected.
Using this product kills up to 99% of bacteria, mold, fungus and viruses with the UV technology that Honeywell uses to achieve this. The germ-free cool mist humidifier has a 1.5 gallon tank capacity and can run 24 hours per filling.
This simple and easy to use humidifier uses a Protec anti-microbially-treated filter and a 3 year limited warranty as well. It is easy to clean and fill thanks to the wide opening and the tank is very durable and long lasting. This unit uses a Honeywell replacement filter HAC-504AW.
With all of the allergy, cold and flu problems that can happen, it is good to have a cool mist humidifier to help alleviate the problems these situations can cause. Using a Honeywell cool mist humidifier will help you feel better, healthier and will help you breathe easier.
Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Why is it a Top Pick?
Users will be able to safely moisturize the air for up to 16 hours of constant operation which will help you breathe better and get better sleep as well.
This tabletop humidifier is packed with plenty of features that make it a great solution for relieving dry skin, dry nasal passages, relieving cold and flu symptoms and improving the air quality in whatever room you put it in.
The auto shut-off will safely turn the humidifier off when the water level is too low or when the water tank has been removed. There is an optional night light that offers users a soothing, calm glow along with the cool mist benefits for the ultimate in relaxation.
The 1.5 liter tank is plenty big enough to provide coverage for a bedroom, an office, and other medium sized rooms. The 350 degree nozzle along with the dual-speed control allows users to adjust the mist direction and speed to fit your comfort level and adjust to the conditions of the room. Users will have 16 hours of constant operation on the low setting from a full tank. This product comes with a 2 year warranty.
TaoTronics Ultrasonic Humidifier Cool Mist
Why is it a Top Pick?
This ultrasonic humidifier emits water vapor into the dry air to improve room conditions. Adding moisture into the air helps alleviate problems including dry skin, dry nasal passages, and cold and flu symptoms. The microporous ceramic cartridge filters away micro-organisms, calcium and magnesium from the water. Reaching the proper humidity for your room is easy with this product.
Adjust the mist modes so you can add the right amount of water to the air. The 360 degree nozzle can be adjusted so the angle is comfortable and right for your needs. This great cool mist humidifier has over a 1 gallon capacity and will work 15 straight hours on a full tank, lasting most of the day and night too.
The display is easy to read thanks to the LED design. The LED is automatically turned off at night when sleep mode engages so the light does not disturb you. The two top handles and bottom of the humidifier make carrying it simple and easy so moving it to different rooms as needed is no problem.
This unit is easy to use and maintain. Set the humidity level and control the amount of mist you want added to the air and then just monitor the water level. This TaoTronics Ultrasonic Humidifier is perfect for bedrooms and offices, dens and anywhere you spend a lot of time.
Top Ranked Cool Mist Humidifier Summary
All three of the cool mist humidifiers we have featured above would be a great product to purchase when you want to reap the benefits of using a cool mist humidifier. With everything they provide it is no wonder they are so popular for those with allergies, colds or the flu.
Features such as auto shut off, good water capacity and even soothing and relaxing colors can take a simple cool mist humidifier and turn it into something as relaxing as it is good for your health.
The buyers guide below will assist you in choosing the right cool mist humidifier for your home. This information will give you the knowledge in what to look for and how to compare different models to determine which one will meet your needs the best.
Top 5 Cool Mist Humidifier
|Rank||Product||Runtime (Hours)||Capacity (ml)||Warranty (Years)
|1||Honeywell||24|| 5,600 ||3
|2||Ultrasonic||16|| 1,500 ||2|
|3||TaoTronics||15|| 4,000 ||1|
Considerations for Choosing the Best Cool Mist Humidifiers
Cool Mist Humidifier Buyers Guide
There are two types of cool mist humidifiers: evaporative and ultrasonic. Each has their advantages. We have outlined the differences in the two below.
- Evaporative – In this type of cool mist humidifier, a fan will pull in warm air from the room and uses that to evaporate the water held inside a wick. The air will become more humid as the water evaporates and is carried away.
- Ultrasonic – Ultrasonic humidifiers use high frequency ultrasonic vibrations that evaporate the water. This makes them a lot quieter than evaporative.
Benefits of Using a Cool Mist Humidifier
The benefits to using a cool mist humidifier are a lot higher than with a warm mist model. Below we have listed some of the key benefits of purchasing and using a cool mist humidifier and how it is better than the warm mist varieties.
- Comfort – Increasing the humidity in a dry room can definitely increase your comfort level. It can also help relieve allergic reactions, alleviate asthma symptoms and provide comfort for anyone dealing with a cold or the flu. Increasing the humidity in the room helps add moisture to nasal passages which can help you recover faster from colds and have overall better sinus health. Another benefit seen by using a cool mist humidifier is less snoring which can really improve the quality of sleep.
- Safety – Cool mist humidifiers are safer to run, especially around children, than warm air humidifiers are. Warm mist models boil water to create steam. That increases the chances of children or pets getting burned. Cool mist humidifiers do not involve using boiling water or any heating methods.
- Cost Savings – Because cool mist humidifiers don’t have to do any boiling, they spend less energy and power than the warm mist varieties do. This could amount to a noticeable amount over time.
- Amount of Area Covered – Cool mist humidifiers tend to reach a much broader area than the warm mist humidifiers do. For this reason, you will reach larger areas with the cool mist variety which makes more sense from an economical standpoint.
Cool Mist Humidifier Features
There are many different models and styles of cool mist humidifiers on the market. Some are equipped with different colors and even have an aromatherapy aspect to them. When you are shopping for the right cool mist humidifier, looking at style is not a bad thing as long as you don’t give up function for style. As long as the model you choose meets the needs you have, getting the one that you like the looks of is just fine.
Below we have listed the common features that a cool mist humidifier can potentially have. When you choose a humidifier, make sure that it has the features that you need and want.
- Easy Cleaning – You want to always keep your cool mist humidifier clean so you do not risk putting dangerous mist into the room that has mold or mildew in it, which can be really dangerous. You want to be certain that the model you choose is easy to maintain. It will need to be drained, rinsed and dried every single day. Once a week be sure to remove any residue with vinegar. It will also need to be disinfected with a bleach solution and then rinse it thoroughly. Make sure this is done before and after storing it for the season as well.
- Ease of Use – You want the humidifier to be easy to move around. The tank needs to fit easily under a kitchen or bathroom faucet. The wicks in the evaporative models should be easy to replace and economical as well. In addition make sure that controls are easy to use and that displays of settings are clearly visible.
- Timer – Some of the cool mist humidifiers have programmable features that allow you to set when it comes on and when it shuts off. The problem with timers is that it means the water is sitting in the tank for hours without being used. Water that sits in the tank for hours can breed microbes.
Humidifiers have been used for decades to add moisture to dry rooms. They have come a long way in design, features, capabilities and mobility. With all of the choices available, it is easy to become overwhelmed or uncertain as to which one will work the best for your needs. A lot of what determines the right humidifier for your home is the size of the room.
Cool mist humidifiers are much more efficient about adding moisture to larger spaces, but be sure that you know how big each room is so you get the size or amount of cool mist humidifiers you will need to be effective. Bedrooms, offices and dens or living rooms are probably going to be the most important places to put them since those are the rooms that are most often “lived” in.
The information in this buyer’s guide has been designed to inform the buyer of the features and factors to look for when searching and sorting through all of the different styles and models. This information will make choosing the right cool mist humidifier much simpler and will result in a humidifier that meets your needs and living situation.