The Sleeping Pad Review
When camping or traveling, most people tend to turn to sleeping pads to provide comfort away from home. Though the pads can be used at home for guests as well, the most common use is camping or some other travel where you wouldn’t have a traditional mattress available. Sleeping pads come in various sizes, fabrics, and composition. Because of this, there are many options available to choose from. The market expands daily, allowing many great choices for anyone in search of a comfortable and quality sleeping pad.
Sleeping pads play two very important roles for getting a solid night’s sleep in the great outdoors: cushioning and insulation.
The Top Pick
Top 5 Sleeping Pad
|Rank||Product||Material||R-Value||Inflated Size (Inches)
|1||Klymit||75D Polyester||1.30||72.00 x 23.00 x 2.50
|2||ALPS||Nylon,Polyester||6.90||33.00 x 9.00 x 8.00|
|3||Therm-a-Rest||Foam||2.80||18.00 x 9.00 x 11.00
|4||Coleman||Nylon,Polyester||2.20||76.00 x 25.00 x 2.50
|5||Fox||Polyurethane ||3.20|| 25.00 x 77.00 x 1.50
Purchasing a new sleeping pad to serve your needs could often be a bit troubling, as there are so many brands, sizes, uses, and then some, to choose from. There are a few important things in which you should consider before settling on a sleeping pad. The Use There are sleeping pads for almost any type of use, which is where it’s important to carefully consider what your intended use will be.
Sleeping pads are generally used for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Camping: When choosing a sleeping pad to take camping, it’s often wise to consider exactly what type of camping you will be doing, such as in a tent, mountain, complete outdoors, and so on. Examining what type of terrain and climate your sleeping pad will be used in most often could help you choose the best sleeping pad for your own camping needs.
- Back Packing: Many people enjoy bringing a sleeping pad along with their back packing adventure. This is often for longer excursions where sleeping outside may be preferred. When buying a sleeping pad for such use its wise to consider the terrain, the weight, and size of said sleeping pad. Considering these things will help you choose the most suitable pad for you.
- Indoor Use: Not everyone considers a sleeping pad for indoor use, such as to sleep guests, though they can be used for such and therefore should be considered. When considering a sleeping pad as an extra bed for guests or as a bed for yourself as you travel, always look at size, weight, dimensions, as well as ease of use.
- Weight and Restrictions: Considering how much the sleeping pad weighs should always be looked at, especially if this pad will be used for outdoor use where the pad will have to be carried long distances. You should also look at how much weight the pad can support before deflating or breaking, as this will serve you in the long run.
- Composition and Materials: Not all sleeping pads are made of the same materials, or feature the same composition. Before deciding on a pad, it’s important to look at how the pad is composed, does it feature chambers for easy air distribution? What material is it made of? Will that material withstand your intended use? All of these things should be asked and considered before purchasing.
- Ease of Use: Nobody enjoys getting to their favorite camping site only to discover their new sleeping pad requires a pump they don’t have, or requires a lot more set up than expected. Ease of inflation and deflation are very important things to consider when looking for a new sleeping pad.
- Extra Accessories: Looking at any extras which may come with the sleeping pad is also beneficial to making the best choice. Look at if it comes with a carrying bag, a pump, or any other helpful items which may make the purchase more worthwhile than without. There are many things to consider when purchasing a new sleeping pad, however the most important things to consider would be if the pad will withstand your intended use? What does the pad weigh? What amount of weight can it support? How easy is it to inflate and deflate? Always examine options and ask yourself questions beforehand, doing so will allow you to make the best purchase possible.